How do I find my way around this magazine site?
This magazine is presented in digital format. There are 6 categories of articles in the magazine:
- From the Editors,
- Celebrating Mission,
- Meet Some Missionaries,
- History of Mission,
- Wisdom from the Fields, and
- Ideas from Churches.
Articles from each category can be read through a variety of means:
- Click the photo slider on the home page to access a featured article,
- Scroll down the home page and click the title of the article you want to read,
- Click “Magazine” on the menu bar and choose the category of articles you want to access, then click the title of the article you want to read
Browse the other pages of the website to learn more about us, our partners and resources, and how to submit articles for consideration. In addition, please consider dropping us a note or even donating to help us keep the magazine freely available!
How do I share an article?
It’s easy! Simply click on one of the social media buttons at the end of the article.
How can I support CGM?
CGM is free. Our goal is to introduce our readers to mission organizations and to make great missions-related articles available to all. However, producing each issue doesn’t happen by waving a magic wand – there are costs involved.
Here are ways you can support CGM:
- Pray! Please support CGM with your prayers. To share your prayer support,
please contact the Editors or comment on facebook or other social media.
- Donate! If you’re willing and able to support us financially to keep CGM coming to your inbox, please click the DONATE button.
- Share! Everything in the magazine is shareable. Please share articles by emailing to friends or clicking on the social media buttons below each article.
- Partner with us! Mission organizations and churches, please consider becoming a partner.
Can I share articles that appear in the magazine?
Yes. Individuals and congregations have our permission to download, print, copy or share any of our content. In fact, we encourage you to get these articles out to as many people as possible!
What is the definition for each category of articles?
- From the Editors: Global mission vision casting, information and inspiration, often connected with the current issue/theme of CGM magazine.
- Celebrating Mission: Wide-ranging variety of stories and articles on global mission action and strategy, with an emphasis on testimonies and personal narrative.
- Meet Some Missionaries: Personal stories from current and former residential missionaries; for example, could include their call and road to the mission field as well as their current ministry. (Whenever necessary for personal and ministry security as determined by the mission partner, ministry location will be generalized and pseudonyms used.)
- History of Mission: Wide-ranging collection of stories that may include global mission pioneers, the back story of a specific partner mission, country or region of the world or the the larger picture in global mission history.
- Wisdom from the Fields: Wide-ranging variety of stories from current and former missionaries/mission leaders that include perspective and insight on the Christian life and global mission.
- Ideas from Churches: Personal and practical stories from Lutheran churches – rural or urban, large or small – that are purposeful about answering Jesus’ call to make disciples of all nations.