We’re so excited to introduce our new digital magazine, Celebrating Global Mission!
Otherwise known as CGM, we seek to highlight the great work being done in missions, promote good ministries that are involved in missions and help increase an interest and passion for world missions in the Lutheran Church. CGM is a free online magazine in easy-to-read blog format, and all content is shareable.
Want to help support the Magazine?
Make your tax-deductible donation today. We depend on the generosity of individuals, churches and mission agencies like you to continue to produce this magazine. Your gift ensures that we can continue to deliver this magazine free to all Christians worldwide!
Rev. Bill Moberly, director of Awakening Lives to World Missions (ALWM), helps churches with global mission outreach. He authored Igniting a Passion for Missions: A Guide for Church Leaders. He and wife Sally have 7 children, 18 grandchildren and have traveled to 23 countries to share the Gospel and equip leaders.
Kent Groethe has pastored for 35 years and presently serves Living Word Lutheran Church in Milbank, South Dakota. Kent is director of Bible Alive Ministries and was the founder/executive editor of Connections magazine for 10 years. He has authored 35 books. He and wife Kay have 3 children and 4 grandchildren.
Joy Minion started Minion Editing & Design in 2005. She produced 130 books for clients, was production editor for Connections magazine for 10 years, and has produced the LCMC newsletter By the Word since 2008. Joy has 3 children, 8 grandchildren, and lives in West Fargo, ND.
Sally Moberly served as short-term mission coordinator for EEMN for 9 years. She traveled extensively in many countries, taking teams and sharing the Gospel with Bill, her husband and partner in life, mission and ministry. She and Bill have 7 grown children, 18 grandchildren and expect their first great-grandchild next month.
Social Media Manager
Emma Cassady has a BA in Elementary Education and plans to teach 4th grade. She currently serves at a church plant in downtown Albuquerque and plans to spend her summers doing overseas missions, hopefully in Southeast Asia. She lives with her sister, best friend, and cat in Rio Rancho, NM.
While most of the articles in our magazine are submitted by our Partners, CGM will also accept unsolicited submissions. If you have an article you would like us to consider for one of the categories, tell us about it. Every submission is considered.
Preferred article length: 300-1,000 words. (Don’t let the word count scare you – just get your point across.) If your proposed article is of interest to our editorial team, we will contact you within 30 days.
Please read our guidelines carefully before submitting your article or photos. If you have additional questions, contact the editors. (Candy, highlighted words should link to Kent’s & Bill’s email)
CGM prefers to accept submissions by email. Please put “submission” in the subject line. Writers without access to email may mail articles to (address here). All articles received by mail will be evaluated but cannot be returned.
Submission Guidelines for All Authors:
- Include your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Include a biographic sketch of 50 words at the end of the article.
- Include Scripture references for any Biblical quotations following the final quotation mark. [Example: “God so loved…life” (John 3:16).]
- Use the New International Version (NIV) or Today’s New International Version (TNIV) when quoting Scripture, please. If using another translation, please indicate.
- Capitalize the first letter of all pronoun references to God and/or Jesus.
- Email articles to editors as a separate attachment, not included in the body of the email text. Preferred format is Microsoft Word.
- Submission of an article or photo constitutes permission to publish and share. Please include your contact info (email address, social media platforms, etc.).
- If your article meets our criteria, we reserve the right to hold it for a future issue.
- Specify whether you own photographs related to your proposed article. Submit photos as email attachments in .jpg format.
- We do not compensate writers for submissions; however, we will include a byline and bio for each writer whose article is featured in CGM.
- The editors of Celebrating Global Mission reserve the right to edit your manuscript for clarity and space, and to reject any article at any stage of our editing/production process.